Skip to main content

My first Sarathi





How to use?
If you are tech friendly, you can use the apps.  For Android Users: http://bit.ly/SarathiUrA
For iOS Users: http://bit.ly/SarathiUrI

Here's my experience from my first Sarathi ride. I knew about Sarathi since its early inception. I have had it installed on my phone long ago but never used it - never had the need or was a little skeptic about the service. I had thought (and heard) Sarathi was long gone. But apparently they have changed their initial business model of having their own cabs. Now they just let other cab drivers use their service. (Is this true?)

I had to use a cab service today to transport some heavy loads and the bike couldn't be an option. Though it was my first time, I did consecutive 4 rides in a single day. There were three different Sarathi drivers.

1. First thing I was happy about and impressed was that the drivers had adopted the technology so well. I was skeptic that they couldn't use the maps and the app to find places, because the drivers are usually people from an older generation before phones and apps. However, all three of them were very good at it. Two of One of the drivers, who had studied till grade 7 only and stayed 14 years in Qatar said "चलाउँदा चलाउँदा आफैँ टिप्ने रैछ" - and I think that's the beauty of technology.

I was surprised and equally happy.

2. 2 out of the three drivers were very grateful that they were getting passengers using Sarathi.   Though the payment they would get was much less compared to what they would usually charge for same distance (with or without the use of the meter), they were grateful in that - "यतिकै बस्नुभन्दा बरु कम से कम टिप त पाइएको छ यो app ले गर्दा".

One of them was very negative about it. Though he as been using the app, he wasn't happy about the payment and the wallet system. However, when I told him Sarathi must have hired at least 3 or more developers to just keep the app and system running and developers have to be paid hefty, he came into realization  that Sarathi taking the commission isn't much. He felt a little positive at the end.

3. Since two of my rides were outside the ring road, I was glad that Sarathi cabs serve outside ring road as well unlike Pathao. Two of the drivers had to travel almost 2 kms just to pick me up from the pickup point.  The fact that they agreed to accept my request and also Sarathi not charging extra for pickup is praiseworthy.

4. Initially, from what I have heard and read reviews, I was thinking the cabs would take ages to come pick me. But they were quick to pick me up, even at a place very far. (Or it must have been my lucky day?)

5. I was however very disappointed at the usability of the app. The search feature was very disappointing and slow. For three of my rides, I couldn't do it from the app itself and had to call the Sarathi call center to do it manually. But the call center representatives were kind enough in processing that. They need to improve on usability and interface of other features as well. They definitely need updates on a lot of things. Their website still says "WE WILL SOON LAUNCH THE APP" though they have now already launched the apps on both Android and iOS. That says how outdated they are in this matter.

6. I also found the wallet feature redundant. I would wish to pay with esewa rather than their wallet itself. Now I have 1680 in my Sarathi wallet which I can't use for other purposes except Sarathi rides. It means it's just there useless until my next ride. (The Sarathi driver was disappointed at this same thing and wanted me to pay in cash and not through wallet)

7. They don't have an option to get an invoice or receipt within the app. However they can email you if you ask for one. I  would rather wish to have it downloadable in the app itself.



8. I was very disappointed with the second driver who didn't even care to help me load/unload my things into/out of the cab. They were heavy. But then, it's not Sarathi's fault, since the drivers aren't much accountable to Sarathi in their current business model. (My GUESS!)

Will I use it again? DEFINITELY! (I hope they don't disappoint me next time as well)

a. I didn't have to go search for a cab.
b. Besides that, I didn't have to bargain because most of other cabs don't like to go on meters.
c. I felt it was cheaper than others even if you go by meter on other cabs. (Not sure yet)

How to use?
If you are tech friendly, you can use the apps.  For Android Users: http://bit.ly/SarathiUrA
For iOS Users: http://bit.ly/SarathiUrI

If you aren't much tech friendly, just call their Call Center (customer support), give them your pick up and drop off locations. +977 - 1- 4217171

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bikharney Ka Mujhko Shauq Hai Bada | Qala | Guitar Chords and Lyrics

Full song here:  https://youtu.be/-lcd1ixHqjE?t=670  or here  https://youtu.be/1Hd7Gl_mLzw G                                             C Bikharney Ka Mujhko, Shauq Hai Bada G                D                        C  G  D Sameitega Mujhko, Tu Bata Zara... G                                                C Haaye, Bikharney Ka Mujhko, Shauq Hai Bada G                D                        C  G  D Sameitega Mujhko, Tu Bata Zara... G D G G                 C                                G Doob-ti Hai Tujh Mein, Aaj Meri Kashti G                    C                  G Guftagu Mein Utri Baat Ki Tarah G                   C                               G Ho, Dekh Ke Tujhey Hi, Raat Ki Hawa Ne G                         C            D               G Saans Thaam Li Hai Haath Ki Tarah, Haaye... G                                             C                Ki Aankhon Mein Teri Raat Ki Nadi G                         D Yeh Baazi To Haari Hai G      C        G D Sau Feesadi... G           

Timi Uta Ma Yeta (Sunsaan Raat Ma) Guitar Chords - Pratik Gurung Cover - Original by Milan Newar, Rajan Raj Shiwakoti

 I came across this song when Kanden Limbu sang this in Nepal Idol.  He was one of the contestants. I thought it was his original. Surprisingly, it is not. His was based on Pratik Gurung's cover. This is actually a full fledge song with a music video. Here's the original one. However, I like the cover version. Here are the chords for a portion of the song. The chords are based on this tutorial . In the tutorial, plucking is used. You can strum as well if that's what you prefer.  CAPO: 2nd fret STRUMMING: D-DU Plucking used: 5-2-3 (C and Am), 4-2-3 (FT and GT), 6-2-3 (G) Chords: C, Am, G Major, F Major Triad (FT), G Major Triad (GT) NOTE: It's easier if you play G Major in C's original position; just move 2 and 3 fingers one step up.   C                             Am (Sunsan raat ma yo mero aatma FT               GT    C Chasakka bijheko mayalu C                             Am Timlai nai samjhi ma ruda ruda FT       GT   C Sirani bhijheko ) x 2 C                  

Pokhiyera Ghaam Ko Jhulka Guitar Chords|| Narayan Gopal || Ambar Gurung || Hari Bhakta Katuwal

  Pokhiyera Ghaam Ko Jhulka Guitar Chords || Narayan Gopal  Composer: Ambar Gurung Lyrics: Haribhakta Katwal Vocals: Narayan Gopal Guitar Chords based on tutorial by Nepali E-Chords . I take no responsibility if the chords are not absolutely right. But it sounded good enough for me.  Chords used: G, C, D, Am, Em, Bm Strumming: D-DUDU Intro: D       G      D             G              D      G Pokhiyera Ghamko Jhulka, Bhari Sangharama G                     D                     Em                G Timro Jindagiko Dhoka, Kholu Kholu Lagchha Hai Am                     C           D Kholu Kholu Lagchha Hai D      G      D    G       D      G Sayapatri Fula Sitai, Fakri Aaganama G                  D          Em              G Batasko Bhaka Tipi, Bolu Bolu Lagchha Hai Am                C           D Bolu Bolu Lagchha Hai Verse:1 G                Bm                     G                         D (Kati