Skip to main content

Dear Sister


Dear sister Anita,
We have never been the best of friends like other brother-sister duo. We could never be best friends like other siblings are. We couldn't even be proper siblings who love each other.

I know you wanted to be the 'cute' brother-sister duo like those showing off in their social media. But I never liked taking selfies. I never liked expressing. May be, I didn't know how to show and express my love. I don't remember times when I might have said "I love you" to you. 

I am so sorry sister.

I am sorry that in 26 years of your lifetime, you didn't get the brotherly love that you deserved.
I am sorry that I couldn't be the loving brother that you always wanted. 
I am sorry for the times when your friends might have said, "तेरो दाइ त कस्तो हो, तलाई माया नै गर्दैन क्या हो?"
I am sorry for the times when you have expected a lot from me, specially during your birthdays and Bhai-tika, butI didn't meet your expectations.

I remember our childhood.
I can try to understand how difficult it must have been to grow up beside a brother who was always good in studies. I know you were neglected because you didn't get high marks like your brother. You were sent to a government school for a year (during Maoist school closures) while your brother was sent to a even better private school. How hard must it have been for you!
I wish I could go back to those days and ask our parents to let us study together in the private school. But I didn't bother that time. Was I too egoistic? Did I not love you? I don't know.

You were never appreciated for the hard work you have done because there was your brother always doing something better than you. You were always criticized. You might not have been good in studies than me, you might not have been matured than me. You still are childish sometimes. But, that doesn't mean you are not serious with your life. That never meant you didn't work hard or study hard.

And today you proved our parents wrong. You proved me wrong.

I am a proud brother today. 
I have seen you grow over the last year while applying for your abroad studies - the maturity you have attained. There are still things I wouldn't like that you think or do. Your brother happens to be a different kind of person, who thinks different, who thinks family as just another group of person; related by blood. I am sorry, 'एस्तो दाइलाई झेल्नु परेकोमा'

You have beatn me today. You left so many behind you. Today you are the first ever from our 'खानदान' to go abroad. And I feel proud to have been beaten by you. Where your so called 'genius' and always liked brother is still confused about his life and hasn't achieved any great deal yet, you are in your path to greater heights. 

In such cases, people usually quote, "You are the man of the family." But saying this will be an insult to your individuality, your femininity. 

Remember the jyotis from our childhood that said. "तपाइको छोराले आमा बाउ पल्दैन!" ? How true it was?
I always knew you would be the one loving and taking care of the family. How lucky we are to have you. I wish our parents had given you much importance that you deserved in the childhood as well. But you have now proved that you are no less.

Is going abroad everything? Of course, it isn't. But that you will now be in-charge of your own life is a big deal. The fact that you decided this is the thing you wanted to do is a big deal. Having never stayed away from family, still you decided you want to stay this far on your own, is a big deal. 

I want to see you grow more. I want to see you achieve greater heights(not in terms of money). I want you to show what a daughter can do. I want you to show to the next generation of puris that you don't have to feel bad when a daughter is born in the family. I want you show that you don't have to worry if the daughter isn't getting distinction marks. I want you show everyone that daughters turn into beautiful angels, just give them wings and freedom. I want to you to gain all the positivism in your life. 

But remember, when you have succeeded, never turn egoistic. A successful person is not successful yet if he/she doesn't know how to handle his/her ego. Be thankful of what you have, not arrogant. Things, money, come and go, only that remains are your inner values. Keep them, now matter you succeed or fail.

I wish you all the happiness in the world that you deserve. I wish you success. May god (if there is any) transfer, even my happiness and good lucks to you.

You have beaten me. I don't mind if you keep beating again and again.

I love you.
:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bikharney Ka Mujhko Shauq Hai Bada | Qala | Guitar Chords and Lyrics

Full song here:  https://youtu.be/-lcd1ixHqjE?t=670  or here  https://youtu.be/1Hd7Gl_mLzw G                                             C Bikharney Ka Mujhko, Shauq Hai Bada G                D                        C  G  D Sameitega Mujhko, Tu Bata Zara... G                                                C Haaye, Bikharney Ka Mujhko, Shauq Hai Bada G                D                        C  G  D Sameitega Mujhko, Tu Bata Zara... G D G G                 C                                G Doob-ti Hai Tujh Mein, Aaj Meri Kashti G                    C                  G Guftagu Mein Utri Baat Ki Tarah G                   C                               G Ho, Dekh Ke Tujhey Hi, Raat Ki Hawa Ne G                         C            D               G Saans Thaam Li Hai Haath Ki Tarah, Haaye... G                                             C                Ki Aankhon Mein Teri Raat Ki Nadi G                         D Yeh Baazi To Haari Hai G      C        G D Sau Feesadi... G           

Timi Uta Ma Yeta (Sunsaan Raat Ma) Guitar Chords - Pratik Gurung Cover - Original by Milan Newar, Rajan Raj Shiwakoti

 I came across this song when Kanden Limbu sang this in Nepal Idol.  He was one of the contestants. I thought it was his original. Surprisingly, it is not. His was based on Pratik Gurung's cover. This is actually a full fledge song with a music video. Here's the original one. However, I like the cover version. Here are the chords for a portion of the song. The chords are based on this tutorial . In the tutorial, plucking is used. You can strum as well if that's what you prefer.  CAPO: 2nd fret STRUMMING: D-DU Plucking used: 5-2-3 (C and Am), 4-2-3 (FT and GT), 6-2-3 (G) Chords: C, Am, G Major, F Major Triad (FT), G Major Triad (GT) NOTE: It's easier if you play G Major in C's original position; just move 2 and 3 fingers one step up.   C                             Am (Sunsan raat ma yo mero aatma FT               GT    C Chasakka bijheko mayalu C                             Am Timlai nai samjhi ma ruda ruda FT       GT   C Sirani bhijheko ) x 2 C                  

Pokhiyera Ghaam Ko Jhulka Guitar Chords|| Narayan Gopal || Ambar Gurung || Hari Bhakta Katuwal

  Pokhiyera Ghaam Ko Jhulka Guitar Chords || Narayan Gopal  Composer: Ambar Gurung Lyrics: Haribhakta Katwal Vocals: Narayan Gopal Guitar Chords based on tutorial by Nepali E-Chords . I take no responsibility if the chords are not absolutely right. But it sounded good enough for me.  Chords used: G, C, D, Am, Em, Bm Strumming: D-DUDU Intro: D       G      D             G              D      G Pokhiyera Ghamko Jhulka, Bhari Sangharama G                     D                     Em                G Timro Jindagiko Dhoka, Kholu Kholu Lagchha Hai Am                     C           D Kholu Kholu Lagchha Hai D      G      D    G       D      G Sayapatri Fula Sitai, Fakri Aaganama G                  D          Em              G Batasko Bhaka Tipi, Bolu Bolu Lagchha Hai Am                C           D Bolu Bolu Lagchha Hai Verse:1 G                Bm                     G                         D (Kati