Skip to main content

Back to Kathmandu



It's 11:30 pm. I just landed in Pokhara International Airport. It’s been already 10 years since I left Nepal. Don’t ask me reasons. I wouldn’t bother to say.
Last time, I left Nepal in a plane, from the Kathmandu International Airport. It was the only international one in Nepal. Returning back on an international flight to a different international airport is fascinating in itself.
10 years and I still remember the day I was leaving Kathmandu. The crowded ‘fish-market’-port, the mismanaged departments, the stinking toilets. When I look back, I wish the last day in Nepal had been a little beautiful – not full of bad memories. I remember the sh*t-port more than the faces of my family.
The case is totally different now. Down from the plane and I don’t see that crowd anymore. Beautifully designed and well thought boards clearly point me to the right direction. A person at every door directed me, though I was uncomfortable to ask. I have been told of sad stories of Kathmandu Airport where people got their bags in deteriorated condition. Some even lost them. It isn’t the case anymore. I don’t have to even go to the belt to receive my bags. I just have to rest on a fancy sofa after a long flight. The bags have a token. People at the baggage counter read the token number on a speaker, I just have to raise my hand, and someone brings them over in a trolley. I have two options; to take the baggage myself or they will even hire a taxi for me. You don’t have to do the hassle anymore. The airport has its own line of taxis. The rates are fixed. The taxis are clean, the drivers are professional. However, I was going to Kathmandu on the next local flight. So, I just asked the helper to load my luggage to the next station. Yes, it was that easy.
Getting my ticket to Kathmandu was easier too. I had booked it online before coming here. I now just have to show the QR Code and that’s it.
1:00 AM. The flight is on time. I wouldn’t have minded an hour delay at least, considering it to be a Nepali time. But, it was on time. I misjudged.
The same well-managed process and I am in Kathmandu. This time, I took the Kathmandu Airport Taxi Service and it dropped me home in no time. The ride was like I never had before. It was supposed to be dark outside. But it wasn’t. The solar lights along the roads made the dark go away. I could see large hedges along the way. The roads were wide enough. Even in the dark, I could see a separate lane for the cycles, a separate lane for the public buses and emergency lane for ambulances. The private vehicles had to go in a different way, thus keeping the traffic controlled for people in a hurry.
As I passed the Pashupati, I was shocked to see what I saw. Pashupati never looked this beautiful. With the well architected lights around, it looked even more beautiful without losing its cultural charm. I could see stars shining, the reflection of the moon just beside the Pashupati. I thought it was some kind of new swimming pool. May be some rich investor made a swimming pool even beside the heritage. I was surprised and angry. I asked the driver to stop the care and went out to take a look. What I saw was amazing! It was a pool, made with the continuous flowing Bagmati for the Pashupati visitors and devotees.
………… (to be continued)


This is just a fictional story from a time travel to Nepal’s future. I wanted to see how Nepal would have been 10 years later if I was given a Time Machine. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bikharney Ka Mujhko Shauq Hai Bada | Qala | Guitar Chords and Lyrics

Full song here:  https://youtu.be/-lcd1ixHqjE?t=670  or here  https://youtu.be/1Hd7Gl_mLzw G                                             C Bikharney Ka Mujhko, Shauq Hai Bada G                D                        C  G  D Sameitega Mujhko, Tu Bata Zara... G                                                C Haaye, Bikharney Ka Mujhko, Shauq Hai Bada G                D                        C  G  D Sameitega Mujhko, Tu Bata Zara... G D G G                 C                                G Doob-ti Hai Tujh Mein, Aaj Meri Kashti G                    C                  G Guftagu Mein Utri Baat Ki Tarah G                   C                               G Ho, Dekh Ke Tujhey Hi, Raat Ki Hawa Ne G                         C            D               G Saans Thaam Li Hai Haath Ki Tarah, Haaye... G                                             C                Ki Aankhon Mein Teri Raat Ki Nadi G                         D Yeh Baazi To Haari Hai G      C        G D Sau Feesadi... G           

Timi Uta Ma Yeta (Sunsaan Raat Ma) Guitar Chords - Pratik Gurung Cover - Original by Milan Newar, Rajan Raj Shiwakoti

 I came across this song when Kanden Limbu sang this in Nepal Idol.  He was one of the contestants. I thought it was his original. Surprisingly, it is not. His was based on Pratik Gurung's cover. This is actually a full fledge song with a music video. Here's the original one. However, I like the cover version. Here are the chords for a portion of the song. The chords are based on this tutorial . In the tutorial, plucking is used. You can strum as well if that's what you prefer.  CAPO: 2nd fret STRUMMING: D-DU Plucking used: 5-2-3 (C and Am), 4-2-3 (FT and GT), 6-2-3 (G) Chords: C, Am, G Major, F Major Triad (FT), G Major Triad (GT) NOTE: It's easier if you play G Major in C's original position; just move 2 and 3 fingers one step up.   C                             Am (Sunsan raat ma yo mero aatma FT               GT    C Chasakka bijheko mayalu C                             Am Timlai nai samjhi ma ruda ruda FT       GT   C Sirani bhijheko ) x 2 C                  

Pokhiyera Ghaam Ko Jhulka Guitar Chords|| Narayan Gopal || Ambar Gurung || Hari Bhakta Katuwal

  Pokhiyera Ghaam Ko Jhulka Guitar Chords || Narayan Gopal  Composer: Ambar Gurung Lyrics: Haribhakta Katwal Vocals: Narayan Gopal Guitar Chords based on tutorial by Nepali E-Chords . I take no responsibility if the chords are not absolutely right. But it sounded good enough for me.  Chords used: G, C, D, Am, Em, Bm Strumming: D-DUDU Intro: D       G      D             G              D      G Pokhiyera Ghamko Jhulka, Bhari Sangharama G                     D                     Em                G Timro Jindagiko Dhoka, Kholu Kholu Lagchha Hai Am                     C           D Kholu Kholu Lagchha Hai D      G      D    G       D      G Sayapatri Fula Sitai, Fakri Aaganama G                  D          Em              G Batasko Bhaka Tipi, Bolu Bolu Lagchha Hai Am                C           D Bolu Bolu Lagchha Hai Verse:1 G                Bm                     G                         D (Kati