Skip to main content

तपाई एक्लै हो? (Are you alone?)



 
Suryachaur, as seen on the way, about 15 mins to desination.
Along the way I was asked, "तपाई एक्लै हो? (Are you alone?)" three or four times. I wanted to answer - "Yes bruh, alone. Forever alone!" Haha

Lots of things I used to do alone. Oh yes, dirty minded f*cker, that too. I used to go to cafes alone, treat myself often. Every time there was weekend of day off from work, nothing crossed my mind than planning a cycle ride alone. Since few years, I haven't been cycling that often - may be I'm old, may be I have lost my way through adult hood.

Every time someone looked at my tattoo and saw the cycle icon in it, people would either think I am an extreme cyclist or love cycling very much. But then they would see that I ride bike to work and judge me. They would ask "If you have a cycle tattoo, why do you ride a motor bike?"

Cycling is more than a means of transport for me. I support and love rights for women doesn't mean I have to be a women myself, do I? I support and love cycling doesn't necessarily mean I have to be cycling everyday, talking about cycles everyday. The cycle tattoo on my arm doesn't depict that I am an extreme cycle rider, a regular cyclist. It is supposed to mean that cycling defined the path of my life, defined how I am today. (We can talk about this in person in detail. Or may be not!)

But, every time I looked at that tattoo and my cycle at home, I always felt sad. Where is that old me who loved being alone and cycled alone?   Have I changed and become more social? So social that I have forgotten my roots and started enjoying or let's say started 'faking to enjoy' (Oh yes, I do that a lot) people company?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7th December, 2017 - a sports day event at my workplace, Karkhana, a first of its kind. Am I not interested in sports? Of course I am. My childhood mostly passed around sports; football, volleyball, cricket, cycle, running, guchcha, ghurra, chungi, basketball ( a lot), kho kho kabaddi. You name it. I have even played baseball and rugby, nepali versions of them, without knowing any rules.

So was I excited? No.

"WTF? "

"You loved sports, you weren't excited about sports day at your place? I mean who gets an awesome workplace that has a sports day."

I know right? I must be crazy. Even I don't have an answer of why I wasn't excited. I might have become too old with my fucking mind. I might have become too boring. I might have felt I wasn't COOL enough to socialize with cool people around. I might get anxieties with so many people. I was there to work, work, work, setup a good work profile and not socialize, not become cool. IDK. I have no fucking idea. All I knew was, I wasn't excited.

Oh wait, I was excited about one sports, not really a sports, but a challenge. It was a soldering challenge. In this challenge, we were supposed to solder many battery caps and motors etc. Why was I excited about it? Well, it helped other colleagues. The battery caps and motors that came as a product of the challenge would be put into use.

"Do you mean you find something exciting only if it is meaningful and has a use? That's boring."

Hmm. May be. This sounds interesting. But again, I don't know. May be I am just a boring guy. You got it right on the boring  judgements though. Congrats!

Here's what I had planned for the sports day. Participate in only that soldering challenge and work - finish off other pending tasks.


Yeah thanks.

But, the previous night, something hit me. While everyone was enjoying the sports, having fun and socializing, why should I be the one working.

"Dude, are you trying to show off that you are the only hard working guy?"

Of course not! I just would have nothing to do except work at that moment. I would rather enjoy working than socializing.

Confused? Well, so am I.

Why don't I go enjoy myself too? Why don't I do my own sports day. And then I remembered the cycle. And then I remembered the place, Suryachaur I had seen in Sisan Baniya's vlog. I chose the place because it looked beautiful, and the way to Suryachaur kind of almost crossed through the place I had been.

And then it was decided. The next day I would cycle to Suryachaur.

But early morning next, like always, I started having second thoughts. It was a big get together event at office and if I don't go, people might judge me. People already hate me, find me anti social, rude and what not. I have missed (intentionally) so many such social moments already. If I miss this one, they would dislike me more.

Oops!

But I didn't want to gain 'being liked' at the expense of my own personal choice and feelings. I wasn't sure if I wanted to be a part of it or not. I kept my decisions open to the streak of thoughts that would come across next day.

Early morning, I had my Sarangi class. I decided, if I felt like I should go, on my way back from the class, I would go.

Luckily (or not), the 'going to socialize' never crossed my mind. I came back home straight away. I had my lunch and started exploring the route to Suryachaur. Sisan Baniya went through Tokha. I remembered the road through Tokha was too dusty and I already had cycled through that route twice. So, it would be boring to go again. I found a blog where a group of riders cycle from Mudkhu and came back from Tokha. Interesting route. But then, they mentioned they got lost on the way. Oops!

Their blog helped me though. I realized that there was a route through Manamaiju (where I currently live). Nice! I started looking out in Google maps. So, there was actually a route till Sangle Bus stop from my location. After that, the route was common.

I packed my cycling kits ,wore my cycling gears and set off.

Along Phutung.
A few minutes after the ride, along Phutung, I realized I had been in this route before. While cyling back from Jhor few years back, I returned through this route. Back then, I had no idea where this road was taking me.

I was ok till Jhor. Almost at the Jhor waterfall entrance, I had to rest. F*cking tired!



Almost near Jhor.
 Had tea and bun at a small shop in Jhor. NRs. 30. And I am energized. Haha!
I asked the kid in the shop how long would it take me to reach Suryachaur. She said about 2 hours.

Two hours? Whoa! And it is just uphill. Shyat! I was discouraged. I didn't have stamina like when I was young. Haha.

Nevertheless I decided to give it a shot. It was 1:30. If I wouldn't reach by 3 pm, I decided to return back.

After about half an hour of steep uphill, my legs and my mind gave up. Rested flat on the ground for 5 minutes. I decided to return back.

"I think I should return back now. I will go Suryachaur on a motor bike. But then, it's not like on a cycle. I have come this far. I don't think I will come again on a cycle. I will try. I can't give up."

I have never been this proud of myself. Seriously! I gave up and then didn't give up. I started walking, pushing the cycle.

There's no shame in pushing in your cycle. That's a basic decision you need to do in uphills. And to have the ability to decide when to drop off is important.

I was constantly checking the route and my location. This gave me motivation because I was almost near.

And I reached the check post.  It happened to be Gurjeybhanjyang. And I knew Suryachaur was near.
From GurjeyBhanjyang
Few minutes later, I could see Suryachaur. The pleasure. It was ecstatic, almost orgasmic.
 
Suryachaur, as seen on the way, about 15 mins to destination.



And then my battery died. F*ck! I couldn't take any photos of the place I tried this hard for. Haha!

View from Suryachaur, from the point near the white building in above photo.
After restarting the phone a couple of times, I could take this one shot. And the phone died forever.

OKAY! BYE!

Watch the video here:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, I checked what my horoscope said on Dec 6, 2017, just ...

GEMINI (May 21-June 21)
*****
You know exactly what you really want—it’s something you’ve been wishing to have for a long time. You’ve likely been saving pennies and working overtime. Today is a great day for you to find it, so make sure you have the cash on hand for some shopping.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bikharney Ka Mujhko Shauq Hai Bada | Qala | Guitar Chords and Lyrics

Full song here:  https://youtu.be/-lcd1ixHqjE?t=670  or here  https://youtu.be/1Hd7Gl_mLzw G                                             C Bikharney Ka Mujhko, Shauq Hai Bada G                D                        C  G  D Sameitega Mujhko, Tu Bata Zara... G                                                C Haaye, Bikharney Ka Mujhko, Shauq Hai Bada G                D                        C  G  D Sameitega Mujhko, Tu Bata Zara... G D G G                 C                                G Doob-ti Hai Tujh Mein, Aaj Meri Kashti G                    C                  G Guftagu Mein Utri Baat Ki Tarah G                   C                               G Ho, Dekh Ke Tujhey Hi, Raat Ki Hawa Ne G                         C            D               G Saans Thaam Li Hai Haath Ki Tarah, Haaye... G                                             C                Ki Aankhon Mein Teri Raat Ki Nadi G                         D Yeh Baazi To Haari Hai G      C        G D Sau Feesadi... G           

Timi Uta Ma Yeta (Sunsaan Raat Ma) Guitar Chords - Pratik Gurung Cover - Original by Milan Newar, Rajan Raj Shiwakoti

 I came across this song when Kanden Limbu sang this in Nepal Idol.  He was one of the contestants. I thought it was his original. Surprisingly, it is not. His was based on Pratik Gurung's cover. This is actually a full fledge song with a music video. Here's the original one. However, I like the cover version. Here are the chords for a portion of the song. The chords are based on this tutorial . In the tutorial, plucking is used. You can strum as well if that's what you prefer.  CAPO: 2nd fret STRUMMING: D-DU Plucking used: 5-2-3 (C and Am), 4-2-3 (FT and GT), 6-2-3 (G) Chords: C, Am, G Major, F Major Triad (FT), G Major Triad (GT) NOTE: It's easier if you play G Major in C's original position; just move 2 and 3 fingers one step up.   C                             Am (Sunsan raat ma yo mero aatma FT               GT    C Chasakka bijheko mayalu C                             Am Timlai nai samjhi ma ruda ruda FT       GT   C Sirani bhijheko ) x 2 C                  

Pokhiyera Ghaam Ko Jhulka Guitar Chords|| Narayan Gopal || Ambar Gurung || Hari Bhakta Katuwal

  Pokhiyera Ghaam Ko Jhulka Guitar Chords || Narayan Gopal  Composer: Ambar Gurung Lyrics: Haribhakta Katwal Vocals: Narayan Gopal Guitar Chords based on tutorial by Nepali E-Chords . I take no responsibility if the chords are not absolutely right. But it sounded good enough for me.  Chords used: G, C, D, Am, Em, Bm Strumming: D-DUDU Intro: D       G      D             G              D      G Pokhiyera Ghamko Jhulka, Bhari Sangharama G                     D                     Em                G Timro Jindagiko Dhoka, Kholu Kholu Lagchha Hai Am                     C           D Kholu Kholu Lagchha Hai D      G      D    G       D      G Sayapatri Fula Sitai, Fakri Aaganama G                  D          Em              G Batasko Bhaka Tipi, Bolu Bolu Lagchha Hai Am                C           D Bolu Bolu Lagchha Hai Verse:1 G                Bm                     G                         D (Kati